The Loma Linda University School of Nursing office of international nursing functions in cooperation with the department of health ministries of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, and works in partnership with the nursing division of the Loma Linda University Medical Center through the International Nursing Council in supporting and coordinating international projects with both clinical and academic objectives.
To support the global mission of Loma Linda University School of Nursing, and the Loma Linda Medical Center's Nursing Division.
- To respond to the needs of Seventh-day Adventist nursing in the world field. See a list of international Seventh-day Adventist schools of nursing.
- To promote preparation of Christian professional nurses internationally.
- Leadership development.
- Networking and enrichment.
- Curriculum consultation.
- Collaboration between schools.
- Faculty and student exchange.
- International seminars and conferences.
- Visiting professorships.
A typical international activity is the "Global Partnerships Project." Funded by the Ralph and Carolyn Thompson Charitable Foundation, the project is designed to:
- Provide a mechanism for networking and partnerships among SDA nurses and nurse educators.
- Develop an understanding of wholeness in different cultural settings.
- Promote culturally sensitive approaches to holistic nursing care.
Regional seminars and international conferences on wholistic nursing care were held in strategic parts of the world.
- 1999 - ChiangMai, Thailand (August 10-12)
- 2000 - Iguasu Falls, Brazil (December 18-20)
- 2002 - Johannesburg, South Africa (July 30-August 1)
- 2003 - Bucharest, Romania (July 9-12)
- 2004 - Coventry, England (July 12-15)
Patricia S. Jones, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor, School of Nursing
Director, Office of International Nursing, School of Nursing
Associate Director, Department of Health Ministries, General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
Valerie Nusantara, MS, EDS, Administrative Assistant
Jan Zumwalt, RN, MS, MBA
Office of International Affairs
Office of International Affairs & Global Outreach
School of Nursing, Loma Linda University
West Hall, Room 1369
Loma Linda, California 92350
Phone: (909) 558-7122
Fax: (909) 558-0224