To create a global community of nurses who lead in using knowledge, scholarship, service and learning to improve the health of the world's people.
The Gamma Alpha chapter at Loma Linda University School of nursing supports the same values as the parent organization and its global mission through commitment to the excellence in the dimensions of Teaching-Learning, research, and integrated development of the intellectual, physical social, and spiritual dimensions of the diverse individuals we serve.
To support the learning, knowledge and professional development of nurses committed to making a difference in health worldwide.
Our chapter is dedicated to the promotion of excellence in nursing practice and scholarship, and to promote the image of the nurse as a professional who possesses specialized knowledge and high intellect, who is compassionate and dedicated to the relief of human suffering.
Goals for Gamma Alpha Chapter for 2010 - 2011
- Create a welcoming environment to our members and students.
- Enhance knowledge resources and networks.
- Contribute to local/global Health
- Create a legacy of personal leadership
- Continue progress towards earning chapter “Key Award”
- Accept the “10 X 10 Chapter Challenge”
- Increase effectiveness of chapter communication with members
Approved by the Board of Director 09/03/08, Goals revised and approved 11/10/2009, 02/09/2010