The purpose of the award is to encourage research by qualified nurses and/or nursing students who are learning to conduct research to advance knowledge in the area of nursing science. The amount of the award to any research project may range from $500.00 - $1000.00. Funding will be based on the 1) quality of the proposal, 2) contribution of the research proposed to nursing and society, 3) research proposal budget, and 4) the chapter‘s annual budget.
The award is presented at the annual induction ceremony. The awardees will be asked to present the progress at the annual business meeting in the spring.
Eligibility for the award
- Be an active member of Gamma Alpha Chapter of STTI or anursing student at LLUSN
- Hold a baccalaureate or higher degreethat included coursework in research design.
- Or be currently enrolled in a graduate nursing program with direct supervision by a qualified faculty member.
Application to include
- One (1) copy of the application form
- One (1) copy of the applicant’s current resume or curriculum vitae and co-investigator’s if applicable.
- If student, submit one (1) copy of supervisor’s CV.
- Two (2) copies of the research proposal written according to the guidelines below.
Please do not place identification on research proposal. Include a one- hundred word abstract. The abstract should include the title, hypothesis, the specific variables and their measurements, the population and sample description, and a statement of the design and analysis.The following areas (A through F) are to be included in 3-to 5-page single-spaced proposal. American PsychologicalAssociation (APA) style of documentation is preferred.
- The problem
- Statement of the problem, research question(s), and/orhypotheses..
- Definitions of variables.
- Theoretical framework used
- Significance to nursing science
- Instrument reliability and validity
- Data collection procedure. Include the consent form andthe status of the human subjects review (IRB).
- Description of the sample, size3, and sampling procedure
- Method of analysis
Include letters, forms, and instruments.
Detail the amount requested and state3 whether4 you have applied for support from other funding sources. Categories of the budget could include 1) personnel, 2) supplies and equipment,3) travel, 4) computer, and 5) other expenses.
Submit application to the Awards Committee by May 1.